Tuesday, April 15, 2014

TIPS & TRICKS FOR QUICK MAKE UP

We all have those days when we are running out of time or being late and we still need to do our makeup. Well this is a every workday situation for me. That is why I *mastered* my routine for easy quick makeup and want to share some of my tips & tricks.

• If you find lacking time for make up a common problem prepare all you can in advance:

o Have all your makeup items ready all in one place, make a kit of essentials for a basic make up, remove all unnecessary items. This way you have all you need in one place but don't waste time browsing for particular item.

o Spend some time before hand and decide what your basic make up look is. You won't need additional time to spend deciding with which look you should go when being late.

• Use items that are user friendly. They should be easy and fast to use.

• Choose tinted moisturizer/BB cream/ light coverage foundation over full coverage foundation. They are usually easier to blend and mistakes are more forgiving compared to full coverage products.

• Use black or dark brown eye shadow instead of liquid or gel liner. It gives softer look and if you have shaky hands like me when you are late it is much easier to apply.

• If you have very light brows use permanent color for them. You would get away only with brushing them if you have no time to fill them in.

• Use neutral eye shadows that suit your coloring. I would recommend finding a color that is great for one color look. Use that one color on whole lid blending it into the crease, add a light highlighting color into inner corner and under the eyebrow, add dark eye shadow liner and you are done with eye shadows all you need to do is apply your favorite mascara.

• Add some bronzer or blush to your cheeks to warm up your complexion. I don't think you would have time for contouring your face so just lightly blend some bronzer where sun would naturally hit your face and you're good to go.

• I usually apply my lipstick or lip gloss when I am already on my way. I choose easy to apply products that can be applied even without mirror.

• I also keep a small bottle of my favorite perfume in my hand bag so I also spray it when I'm on my way. I often forget to spray it if I’m late…

• Keeping it simple and preparing in advance are the keys to quick makeup.

If you want to know what particular products I would recommend for quick makeup - you can check my post on TOP 5 makeup must haves.
http://www.misssparklegloss.blogspot.com/2014/04/my-top-5-must-have-make-up-items.html


No comments:

Post a Comment