Friday, May 16, 2014

LOREAL NUDE MAGIQUE EAU DE TEINT LIQUID FOUNDATION REVIEW

Hi everyone ;) 
In this post I will share my review about LOREAL NUDE MAGIQUE EAU DE TEINT liquid foundation.

 
 
I am a fan of light and natural looking foundations that gives as natural look as possible while covering skin imperfections. I like foundations that give an option to use it alone and not set it with powder.
The claims for this foundation are that it should be as light as water:
 "Who says foundation has to feel heavy? That was then, this is now. Unveiling new Nude Magique Eau De Teint Foundation.
Shake it and discover on your fingertips a texture lighter than water. Glide on for amazing coverage. As light as a feather.           
Our 1st lighter than water foundation with an evanescent texture that glides onto the skin.
No make-up feel.
Apply it just like a perfume! Shake, tip on finger and apply. "
 
The texture. OMG this is the softest and smoothest foundation I have ever tried. It is light and watery but has something in it that gives that smoothness. As you touch it and start blending onto your skin you feel how pleasant it feels.
 
The finish. It sets quite matte but really naturally looking. The coverage is very light. I would say that it doesn't really cover skin flaws but evens out the complexion. On my skin it enhances dry patches, so I would recommend exfoliating and moisturizing before applying. After it sets it feels like you have nothing on the skin, this is the foundation that gives truly naked face feel. It isn't necessary to set it with powder but it affects staying power.
 
The application.  It works wonderfully applied with fingers, just shake well before use.  And it is nice to feel the smoothness of foundation while applying it. It sets rather quickly so it is best to apply by sections. It is also buildable, you can apply more in areas of need.
 
Staying power. Even though it sets quite matte but shine comes through in the middle of the day. Using primer doesn't really help me keep that shine away. To be honest I sometimes rather enjoy that shine. It makes my skin looking more natural and glowy but for more greasy skin owners there might be a need to blot and powder. What I love about this foundation is how it wears through the day. Most foundations start looking caky at the end of the end. This is nowhere near that. Looks as natural as freshly applied. Love that!
 
Overall I would say that it is great foundation for those with rather good skin and those who prefer very light and natural looking coverage. This foundation is very easy to apply.
The drawback is the packaging. It has no pump so I feel it is not really hygienic but the bottle is small so I think it won't go bad... Also that shine that comes through in the middle of the day, but can be managed with blotting and powder… What I don’t like the most is how it enhances dry patches of the skin. Also the smell of this foundation is *funky*. It smells like alcohol mixed with paint. The smell isn't heavy but not pleasant at all. Good thing it doesn't linger :)
I will definitely use this foundation this summer when I look more tanned and feel like exposing more naturally looking face.
 
The foundation in the picture is No 150 nude beige. This is great colour for me when I am tanned (I have very fair skin).
 
 
 
 
XOXO
MSG
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment